You no longer need to wait till 4pm to report a missed collection. You can now report as soon as the issue arises on the day.
You should make a report for a missed rubbish, recycling, food or garden waste bin within 24 hours of your scheduled collection day. If there was no issue with your bin at the time of collection, once you have reported your missed collection, we will collect it within 48 hours.
Garden waste will only be collected if you have paid for the service and your bin is displaying a valid permit.
How to make sure your bin gets collected
Before making a report, make sure:
- your bins were put out by 5:30am on the day of collection
- you know the right collection day for your street
- your bins were placed in the right location at the boundary of your property ready for collection
We will not collect if:
- your black, blue, brown and green bins contain the wrong items
- the bin is too heavy
- access to your bin or street was blocked (for example, by road works or parked cars)
- your bin is overflowing and the lid does not close
- your rubbish is tightly packed into the bins - our crew do not loosen waste with their hands
- you have excess side waste for your black, green or brown bins - please check the rules for blue bins as not all excess waste will be accepted
You can report a missed bin collection without having an Enfield Connected account.
Other missed bin collections
If you want to report other missed waste collections, such as communal waste, bulky waste or household healthcare waste, see our other missed bin collections page.