Enfield general waste bins are black with a grey lid. You can throw away many types of non-recyclable rubbish in them.
Your general waste can also be placed into:
- Grey or black lidded rubbish bins
- Grey rubbish sacks
- Shared communal rubbish bins
What can go in your black general rubbish bin
Things that can go in your black bin
- Dirty foil (clean foil can be reused or recycled)
- Nappies, tissues and sanitary products
- Pet waste and pet food pouches
- Plastic film
- Pyrex glass and ceramics
- Shredded paper
- Single use masks and gloves
You should not put these items in your black bin
- Cooking oil (small amounts of cooking oil may be placed in a sealed container and disposed of in the general waste bin)
- Corrosive products
- Engine oil
- Hazardous waste
- Items from household building and renovation works
- Rubble and hardcore (bricks and tiles)
Important note - If you need to dispose of items that can’t go in general waste, see if you can take it to Barrowell Green Recycling Centre.
See information on our grey-lidded bin leaflet (PDF).
If you think any items have been infected, such as used tissues or cleaning cloths, they should be double bagged in a separate plastic bag before being placed in your black bin or sack. Rubbish bags with infected items should be put aside for at least three days before being put in your rubbish bin.