Disabled person's parking permit (Blue Badge)

From 30 August 2019, the disabled persons Blue Badge criteria was updated to allow residents with non-visible disabilities to apply. For more information, visit GOV.UK.

If you are disabled you can apply for a Blue Badge, which allows you to park closer to your destination without purchasing a ticket. This includes designated spaces within car parks and can include street parking on yellow lines. You should refer to your Blue Badge book for more information.

Blue Badges should always be displayed, with the clock adjusted to display the time when parking. You can use your Blue Badge in any vehicle whether you are the driver or a passenger.

Before applying, you should check if you are eligible. You will need to provide proof of identity, address and any benefits you receive. If your application is successful, we will require a photograph of you for your Blue Badge. We will contact you shortly after your application with details on how to upload this.

We aim to process your application within 20 working days of receiving the information required.

Due to unforeseen circumstances we are currently unable to meet this target, but we expect to rectify this shortly.

Organisations can also apply for Blue Badges if they care for and transport disabled people who qualify for a badge. If approved, this will cost £10.

Apply for or renew a Blue Badge

Pay for a Blue Badge

If you’re unable to complete the online application form, you can get help by visiting Enfield libraries.

You can also contact Customer Services on 020 8379 1000 to arrange for Concessionary Travel to call you to help complete the form.

Problems with your Blue Badge

If your Blue Badge has been lost or stolen, it can be replaced by completing the online Replace a Blue Badge form.

You will need to report a stolen Blue Badge to the police to get a crime reference number. Your Blue Badge will be replaced free of charge if you have a crime reference number, otherwise you will be charged a £10 fee. You will also be charged £10 to change details on a Blue Badge, or to replace a lost or damaged badge. If you have changed your address, email us at ctravel@enfield.gov.uk.

Replace a Blue Badge

Misuse of a Blue Badge

Expired Blue Badges should be disposed of. It is a crime to use an expired Blue Badge, give your badge to someone else, or to use a fake or altered Blue Badge.

You can report the misuse of a Blue Badge anonymously. The person responsible can be prosecuted and fined up to £1,000, or have their badge taken away.

Report misuse of a Blue Badge