Living independently

Assistance for the elderly

You can get support to stay in your own home, access a care home, lease your property while you are in a care home. For more information on housing that meets your needs, see our care homes.

It is important to keep warm in winter. See our Keep warm and comfortable booklet (PDF, 1139.06 KB) for advice on how to cope.

If you're going into long term residential care, you can lease your home to us through the Keeping House scheme. We offer a full tenancy management service with guaranteed rent that covers empty periods.

Sheltered housing

We also offer sheltered housing. For more information, see council housing.

Home telecare monitoring

Safe and Connected is a careline 24/7 emergency monitoring and response service operated by Enfield Council. The service can support anyone 18 and over who may feel vulnerable, have a disability, or a long term health condition.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up