Sign up to Enfield Connected to access our services, report issues and make payments. You can also view your accounts and claims, including Council Tax and Housing Benefits enquiries.
Council Tax and Housing Benefits enquiries can be dealt with over the telephone on 020 8379 1000. Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. For more information on Council Tax, see our Council Tax section.
Services and opening times
- The Civic Centre is closed to customer enquiries
- We continue to offer services online, through webchat and by telephone
The community hubs are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday at Edmonton Green and Enfield Town Libraries.
We support customers with a range of enquiries, including advice and support relating to money, jobs and skills, housing stability, and wellbeing (including emotional, physical and social wellbeing).
- 9am to 5pm - customers are welcome to self-serve and use the computers and phone booths available
- 9:30am to 2:30pm - a drop in face to face service is available for customers who would like more help
- 2:30pm to 5pm - hubs staff will follow up with customers who require more in-depth support through face to face, email and telephony
Please note: the Edmonton Green Hub is closed from 2pm, and the Enfield Town Hub from 2:45pm on the third Wednesday of each month for staff training.
Civic Centre address
Sat nav users should use EN1 3ES. Get directions to the Civic Centre.
For homelessness prevention and support, see at risk of homelessness.
- If you’re threatened with homelessness, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number and a description of the help you need. If you’re at imminent risk of homelessness, make the subject of your email ‘IMMINENT HOMELESSNESS’.
- If you are homeless and need support or advice, call 020 3821 1769 during office hours or 020 8379 1000 out of hours
- Email email@example.com if you need to submit information to support an application to join the housing register
- If you’re from a specified public body and know someone at risk of being made homeless or currently homeless, find out more about duty to refer
- If you’re in temporary accommodation (nightly paid), report repair issues to your managing agent in the first instance. If the Issue is not resolved, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8379 1000.
- If you’re in temporary accommodation (leased property), report repair issues to your managing agent in the first instance. For issues relating to your tenancy, email email@example.com.
Call 020 8379 1000 on Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
We are not currently offering a face-to-face school admissions service.
To contact school admissions, call 020 8379 5501. This phone line is open at the following times:
- Monday and Tuesday, 2:30pm to 5pm
- Wednesday to Friday, 9am to 11:30am
You can also contact school admissions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self-service scanners are available at the following libraries:
- Palmers Green library
- Edmonton Green library
- Ordnance Unity Centre library
- Enfield Town library
A British Sign Language interpreter is available at Enfield Town Library for council enquiries on the first Friday of every month, 9am to 3pm.
Out of office hours
You can contact us on 020 8379 1000, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. This number is also available out of office hours for emergencies.