You can use our text-based Live Chat tool to speak directly to our Customer Services team.
The service is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
During busy times, the Live Chat tool might not be visible until staff are free to help you. When the Live Chat service becomes available, you will see the icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
If the Live Chat service is unavailable, you can wait until it becomes available again or use our search bar to find the information you’re looking for.
Popular on Live Chat
COVID-19 vaccination chat
We are dedicated to answering your questions about the COVID-19 vaccination programme. You can speak to us by clicking on the Live Chat icon. Alternatively, you can call our helpline on 020 8379 1000 and choose option 7 and then option 2. Interpreters are available on our helpline.
You can also find information about popular topics using the links below.
- Can I get a Council Tax discount or disregard?
- Can I get a Council Tax refund?
- What is my Council Tax band?
- Do I need planning permission for a loft conversion?
- Do I need planning permission? (List of common projects)
Rubbish and recycling
- I’m at risk of homelessness and need help
- Can I join the housing register? / I want to see my saved housing application
- How and when do I pay rent for my council house?